It is one thing to obtain a court order for parental rights and responsibilities (child custody and child support), spousal support or property and debt division in a divorce, separation or annulment case. It is another matter altogether to enforce such court orders. After a divorce or a child custody order is finalized, either party may be harmed if the other party does not comply. Consult with a knowledgeable, client-centered Colorado family law attorney at Lynn Landis-Brown, P.C., for advice and help if you face a situation such as one of these:
- Your child's other parent does not follow the agreed-upon parenting plan. He or she often cancels, arrives very late or impedes your rights to your own parenting time.
- Your child's other parent is proposing or has initiated a child relocation without obtaining the required modification of the original child custody order.
- Your child's other parent does not pay child support on time or has stopped paying altogether, in violation of the child support order.
- Your former spouse, who was ordered to pay you alimony, has stopped paying or pays irregularly.
- Your former spouse, who was ordered by a divorce court to sell an asset such as real estate and divide the proceeds, has not complied and does not appear to be making any effort to do so.
Several legal remedies can put teeth behind the court orders that you worked so hard to obtain. The Family Support Registry (FSR) can be an effective tool for maintaining and accessing accurate legal records of child support payments. Wage garnishment can be initiated to enforce spousal support or child support payments. A party to a divorce can be found in contempt of court.
If you need a Colorado attorney to file motions with the family law court to compel your former wife or husband to comply with a spousal maintenance order, contact Lynn Landis-Brown, P.C., in Colorado Springs. Enforcement of orders may seem like an uphill battle, but a family law attorney with deep knowledge and extensive experience can play an important role. Lawyer Lynn Landis-Brown is well equipped to help clients determine the most expeditious, cost-effective, quickest and most likely to succeed enforcement solution.
Castle Rock, Colorado, Contempt Enforcement Attorney
Confront the aggravation of a former spouse's or partner's repeated, problematic violation of court orders. Contact the law offices of Lynn Landis-Brown, P.C., by phone or e-mail.